LOOK AT 2016:
Here is a brief overview of what we did with the money that was donated to the ECHO Project last year.
• Alex paid off the business loan for his tuc-tuc and now owns it free and clear!
• Began revamping the water well in Magola now that electricity is available. This included buying the electric pump, a water tank, and the structure. Project will be complete in early 2017.
• Purchased school supplies and uniforms for a young woman from one of our village churches who is attending school in the city.
• Continued distributing monthly food packet to families caring for orphans
• Supply blood pressure medicine for a woman in the village as well as other medicines as needed
• Provided baby formula and cereal to the mother of twins unable to breast feed. They recently turned one and are doing well!
As we look at 2017, here is a quick look at some of our goals for the year.
• Completion of the water well renovation project in Magola.
• Distribution of a second business loan.
• Continued disbursements of food packets and medicine to those most in need.
• Paying for the housing needs for a young man who is excelling at university, but is unable to pay these fees. (He will also be attending Bible school at the same time.)
• Glasses for a young college student who’s struggling with his eyesight.
• Working to get a young man who is going blind into the country’s only blind school. If accepted he will need to help with lodging and school fees